* Click to visit my etsy shopIt’s hard to believe we are nearing the end of school term and summer holidays beckon! But first – remember to thank all those lovely people who work in schools. Teachers, teaching assistants, after-school workers, janitors, tutors … And anyone else I’ve forgotten! They do such a brilliant job and deserve a wee thank you.
All of my cards and bookmarks can be personalised for the recipient. They come in a lovely gift bag and I always love to add a little confetti. I think some cute silver or red stars would be a lovely surprise! ⭐️⭐️⭐️ PLUS free postage in the UK!
🎉Special treat 10% off all teacher cards and gifts until 14th July 2018. 🎉
Any questions, just message me and I’m happy to help create the card or bookmark you would like. Annasuncrafts@aol.com
* I love taking photos for teacher cards as it gives me an excuse to use my Snoopy and Charlie Brown ruler and stationery set 😀
Hobbycraft recently surveyed 10,000 people and discovered that 1 in 5 people in the UK cannot sew on a button. More than half never had sewing at school.
To tackle this, Hobbycraft are inviting teachers to pop in to their store between now and end of July for a free bag of buttons, stickers and a teacher’s guide. Then they can teach their class sewing skills.
It’s a great idea and hopefully more people will benefit from the scheme. Visit Hobbycraft to find out more and discover sewing projects you can do.
You don’t have to spend large amounts of money. There are simple, low cost handmade ideas that look just as good! Why not try some of the following ideas?
1. For an amazing teacher heart decoration.
You can get cheap wooden craft hearts from Hobbycraft, The Works or The Range. Alternatively you could use cardboard and cut out a heart shape and add ribbon. You can write whatever message you like.
If your child has some Hama beads and boards you could make a bookmark. Add Googly eyes, ribbon and finish with a button stitched or glued on to the bottom of the ribbon.
3. It takes a big heart to help shape little minds framed quote.
You can get nice frames from Poundland or Home Bargains. Choose patterned or plain paper for the background. Add heart quote and star confetti. Lovely gift ❤️
You can get felt from The Works or Hobbycraft. Poundland has bags of sequins that are useful for decorating the bookmark. If you are not confident with sewing you can use fabric glue. Add ribbon and a button.
Alternatively, you could make card bookmarks.
5. You could add colour to shells or decorate stones.
I love to see your creations!
1. Acrostic poem that spells teacher’s name.
4. You are the best teaching assistant.
Making handmade cards is a lovely way to thank those who work in schools. I’ve come up with 5 simple ideas using Washi tape. At the moment in the UK, you can buy 3 rolls of Washi tape for £1.00 at Poundland. You can also get little bottles of coloured gems from The Works for £1.00.
1. Thank you Washi tape pencils card
5. It takes a big heart to help shape little minds card with Washi tape heart and red gems
If you do try making one of the cards please email me a photo of your creation! Annasuncrafts@aol.com