Ingredients: 100g butter, 100g dark brown sugar, 2 tbsp golden syrup, 1 large egg, 250g self raising flour, 2tsp ground ginger, 1tsp ground cinnamon, half a tsp of ground nutmeg, half tsp mixed spice, half tsp baking powder and quarter tsp salt.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F Gas 4. Line 2 baking trays with non stick baking paper.
1. Mix sugar and butter until light & fluffy.
2. Add golden syrup & egg and whisk.
3. Add remaining ingredients until forms a dough.
4. Knead dough, wrap in cling film and put in fridge for an hour.
5. Roll out dough & dust with flour. Use cutters to cut out hearts or whatever shape you want.
6. Place on baking sheets and bake 15-18 minutes.
7. Leave to cool.
8. You can also decorate with icing and sprinkles if you want.