Today I’m taking part in Day #10 of Lisa’s Discovery Blog Tour. It’s a great way to discover new blogs and gather new ideas. I’ve really enjoyed reading the food, book and craft blogs and I’ve got lots of new ideas from them. Visit Lisa’s Everyday Life to find out more.
So, let me introduce myself .. Hello! (Big wave) I’m Emma from Annabella’s Sunflower Crafts in Scotland, UK.
I have been crafting for about 6 years now and I’ve tried various crafts from latch hook kits, to cross stitch to paper crafts. I find crafting is particularly helpful for your mental health which is so important. If you haven’t taken up a craft please consider doing so. I believe anyone can make something.😊
My blog is mainly a craft blog but I love baking so I sometimes share recipes. I also share posts regarding theatre productions I’ve attended and Scotland where I live.
The theme for the blog tour is May Holidays. I’m going to focus on Mother’s Day cards as it’s on Sunday in the USA. In Scotland, we celebrated it in March so I made my card a wee while ago! The design I’m sharing today is simple and suitable for any level of crafting. It could be given to Mom/Mum or adapted for Grandma. It could also be used for a birthday or framed to give as a gift.
🌸Mother’s Day card🌸
What I’m making: Mother’s Day card for Mom or Grandma. Could also be for a birthday.
What do I need?
5×7″ White folded card, and white envelope, 4×6″ piece of white card for your design, 2 coloured Sharpie pens (or pens of your choice), fine black pen, scissors, double sided tape or glue, heart punch to cut out heart confetti.
1. Use paper trimmer or scissors to cut a 4×6″ piece of card and with your fine black pen draw a heart.
2. Draw a chain of loops design around the heart shape. Underneath each loop add a tiny black dot.
3. Add alternating colours to each loop. I’ve used blue and pink but you can choose different colours if you want. Then using your fine black pen add your message inside the heart. At the bottom I’ve added a pink heart to finish the design.
4. Using double sided tape (or glue) stick to the back of your heart design. Attach it to your 5×7″ folded card.
5. Your card should now be complete! I add punched pink hearts to put inside the card to make it extra special. 💕 Place your card inside your white envelope or frame to give as a gift.
🌸Please share your completed card with me by emailing me a photo!🌸 – email@example.com
I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s blog by Lynn
Thank you to Lisa for inviting me to take part in the blog tour and thanks to you for stopping by! Please feel free to have a browse and pop back anytime. Take care, Emma (Annabella’s Sunflower Crafts)